We have designed a very interactive online training to keep you motivated and engaged. Besides interesting plenaries and sessions to strengthen your knowledge and set of skills, we have planned energisers and fun team building exercises for you to interact with other participants.
You will work in teams on a RRR business idea of yours. Expert mentors will be available, answering questions and supporting you on your way to develop a sanitation solutions/ projects that will enhance the overall sanitation and water management situation in the case study area.
Please note that the agenda is subject to slight adjustments.
Short videos and easy to understand self-study training materials introduce you to various training subjects. It is essential to watch/read those pre-class training materials upfront to be able to actively participate in interactive classrooms.
Group Work Sessions
A team of experienced RRR experts guides and coaches your team in applying your knowledge to a case study. Step-by-step, you will develop a sanitation project.
Using simple examples, we explain the practical application of the theoretical knowledge gained from watching/reading pre-class training materials.
We have planned for short, team-building exercises aimed at overcoming and energisers for reloading energy, having fun and involving some form of physical activity. Don’t miss it!
Presentation of Project
You will present the results of your teamwork to us and other participants and receive expert and peer feedback.
The learning objectives
By the end of the online training, I will be able to:
- Use the concepts and principles of RRR to identify and analyse market-based solutions for local sanitation and resource management challenges.
- Discuss challenges and product and/or service gaps in sanitation and resource management and how they can be dealt with by developing RRR businesses.
- Analyse waste supply and availability for RRR business ideas by describing the most reliable waste stream, its characteristics and location, its quantity, the ownership and acceptance by the community.
- Share knowledge, experience and lessons learned with like-minded entrepreneurs in the field of sanitation and resource management.
- Identify different aspects of markets that influence the demand for RRR products and services.
- Analyse the market for RRR products and services by identifying possible competing products and services.
- Establish different types of customer segments for your RRR products and services.
- Create convincing value propositions for your customer segments.
- Use the business model canvas to create, discuss and pivot business models for RRR business ideas.
- Blueprint the production process using the Process Flow Diagram tool.
- Develop a strategy for testing the feasibility of your RRR business model performing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Present and communicate training results effectively and in an engaging manner.
All the times are given in Eastern European Time (EET), UTC +2.
Friday, September 17th 2021
|13:30-15:00||Welcome & training opening|
|15:15-16:45||Discussion: Challenges in sanitation and waste management & RRR business opportunities|
Saturday, September 18th 2021
|09:00-10:30||Our RRR business idea|
|10:45-12:15||Group work: Waste supply & availability|
Sunday, September 19th 2021
|11:30-12:15||Self study time / free time|
Tuesday, September 21st 2021
|16:00-16:45||Lebanon Waste Management (Lebanon)|
|17:00-18:30||Group work: Understand your customers|
|18:45-20:15||Group work: Understand your customers (contd.)|
Wednesday, September 22nd 2021
|16:00-16:45||BENAA Foundation (Egypt)|
|17:00-18:30||Group work: Value propositions|
|18:45-20:15||Group work: Revenue Streams, Channels, Customer Relationships, Social & Environmental Benefits|
Thursday, September 23rd 2021
|17:00-18:30||Group work: Activities, Resources, Partners, Costs, Social & Environmental Costs|
|18:45-20:15||Group work: Process Flow Diagram|
Friday, September 24th 2021
|17:00-18:30||Group work: Minimum Viable Product (MVP)|
|18:45-20:15||Group work: Time to wrap-up & prepare for pitch|
Saturday, September 25th 2021
|14:15-15:45||Time to wrap-up & prepare for pitch|
|16:00-18:00||Pitching & training closure|